Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Test results are back...

In much the same way your doctor tests your blood for fats, enzymes and other things that are indicators of your overall health, I have the soil on the golf course tested for indicators of plant health. The important indicators I am looking for are expressed in percent base saturation levels. These numbers essentially tell me what the plant is feeding on. The base saturation levels also tell me what adverse effects are going on as well. For example, excessive levels of calcium will induse potassium and magnesium defficiencies. 

The test results were as expected given the great condition the golf course is in. The only issue needed to be addressed was increasing the available calcium in the greens....so the staff made an application of calcium to the putting surfaces this afternoon. Just like taking a vitamin! I will recheck the greens in a month just to make sure the deficiency has been corrected. 


No comments:

Post a Comment