Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Another one in the books

Today we finished planting all the new oak trees along Burning Tree Dr, and it was a challenge. 

Due to space constraints between buried infrastructures I wasn't able to get as large a tree as I wanted to. 


I had to size down the plant material so the root ball would be able to squeeze the trees in between buried electric lines and the City's potable water mainlines. 

The good news is that the smaller sized trees are cheaper so I was able to save some money. That let me buy more trees to replace the ones that were lost over the years due to storms. We cut down 9 trees along burning tree and I put back 13. With any luck we won't get any major storms over the next 10-15 years and the trees will get huge and canopy the road a little. 

My team also finished the curbing install on 13 green. Looks fantastic! 









No comments:

Post a Comment