Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring has sprung

With the full sun temperatures reaching low 90's there is no doubt about it, Spring is here. If you ask a true Floridian, the way we tell Spring is here is when the cypress trees pop out their new leaves and take on that lime green color. The cypress are our version of Punxsutawney Phil, without the whole getting it wrong part.

All this means that the grass is actively growing and I'm glad to say the course is beautiful and lush. Last week I had the course fertilized in anticipation of the rain. We all know there's nothing better than a good soaker Spring rain to green the course up, but when you add a little fertilizer to the mix you get that extra wow effect.

I'm also pleased to report 99% of the Spectacle damage has gone away. I still have a couple small spots that I am babying along, but even those areas are charging back to full strength. Tim and I are finalizing the settlement with Bayer so in the near future this whole ordeal will be behind us. I'm looking forward to a long hot summer of growing grass!








No comments:

Post a Comment