Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sod projects

As many if you have seen recently, I had my staff do some sod work on the course over the last couple of days. The reason for the new sod is that there were some thin areas in the roughs that I recognized as being below our standards and I wanted to take a position of having them fixed now, as compared to spending a lot of money on fertilizers and waiting for them to fix themselves. In reality, it was more cost effective to re-sod the areas due to the large volume of sod I can buy at one time. I can buy 5 pallets of sod for $2000, or I can buy 16 pallets of sod for $2000 and fix the problem immediately. There's a tremendous economy of scale a gained by "bulk buying" in the scenario. So to save time and money, new sod has been installed and should be all grown in within a week or so. Until then, please do not drive on the new grass so that it can have as much opportunity to establish as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment