Friday, May 4, 2012

Golf Maintenance, What's been going on?

It seems like it's been a little while since I posted a true update about the golf course, other than about the birds anyway.  Really, that's a good thing.  If it's just business as usual, then everything is in pretty good shape and there's nothing to tell.  Despite my efforts to hold off summer, it is coming anyway so I thought I would share so recent activity around the club.

Hopefully everyone received the Club's communication about the Gordon River Extension project Collier County has planned.  Well, the project is underway.  The contractor is on site and is starting the clearing phase.  Here are a few pictures I took from the RP side.


In this picture you can see 15 green in the distance

Here is an area that is completely cleared out.

Next week there will be a lot of work done in the clearing phase.  Once the area is cleared out, the contractor will do the earth work on their way back out.  I will be posting a lot of pictures of the project so stay tuned.

A recent addition to my responsibilities at the Club is the supervision of the clubhouse maintenance.  One of the things glaring at me was how bad some of the fixtures around the clubhouse have degraded.  So recently I have had our maintenance person, Roberto, going around and changing out a lot of the 20 year old hardware for new.  The little bit of attention to detail goes a long way for the finishing touches.

Here Roberto is changing out tarnished door hinges with new brass ones to match the rest of the door hardware

20 yr old tarnished brass hing

Installing new shinny brass hinges



Examples of other things that will be replaced are items like hardware in the rest rooms.  This sort of thing does not represent the Club to our high standards.





Roberto will be working hard this summer to do a lot of things that probably will go unnoticed by many, but I wanted to highlight a few of the small things he is working on now that needs attention.  Things like smudge free walls and hardware changes when things look wore out are all stuff that takes constant work!  Hopefully you never notice it, but just know I am constantly looking at the details along with the big items.  My goal is to have the clubhouse looking new all the time.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment