Sunday, April 1, 2012

Board of Directors Approved A New Golf Course Maintenance Fleet of Equipment

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Mr. Dean for all of the new mowers I recently purchased.  A few months ago I approached Mr. Dean privately and expressed concern about the reliability of our current fleet of golf course maintenance equipment and how my ability to produce the very finest turf conditioning for the Club is jeopardized because of the lack of capital replacement money the last couple of years.  In true leadership form, and wanting all members to enjoy a truly fine tuned golf course, Mr. Dean authorized me to purchase a new fleet of mowers.

With all of the new machines on the market to choose from, it was not an easy decision.  The market competition is very fierce, which allowed me to apply tremendous leveraging pressure on all the major suppliers in hopes of them getting our million dollar purchase.  In some cases, equipment manufacturers were willing to give 20-35% discounts.  In the end the deciding factor was all about the machines that were going to save us the most resources like equipment repair, durability and fuel savings...mainly fuel savings.


See below for a picture of the type of machines that Mr. Dean approved me to purchase.  He said I could get as many as I need.

















I think my staff is not going to like the new machines so much! April fools, sorry couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment