Monday, March 26, 2012

Time to get aggressive

If you play the course over the next couple of days you will notice what looks like a little bit of scalping around the approaches. Well honestly, that's what it is. Hopefully everyone read my article in the Club's newsletter about how I am going to have to move up some of the more aggressive maintenance practices sooner due to all the warm weather.

After a winter like what we just went through, I'd guess that the course is an easy 45 days ahead of where it has ever been for this time I the year. That means the maintenance practices I would usually do at the end of April or the beginning of May has to start being done now. Things like slightly more aggressive grooming, like what we did in the approaches today, is what I mean.

These sort of things are typically done after the majority of our membership leaves for the summer retreats up north. Because its so warm so soon, we have to deal with the problem sooner verses later. Don't worry though, the temporary visual negative will go away within a few days and we'll be right back to the normal quality you're use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment